Last Revised and Effective Date: June 2020
Kendo Holdings, Inc. and our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Kendo", "we", "us" or "our") care about the processing, confidentiality, and safety of your personal data.
- What is personal data?
- What personal data do we collect and when do we collect it?
- For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?
- Who are the recipients of your personal data?
- International transfers of personal data
- How do we protect your personal data?
- What are you choices and how can you exercise them?
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
- Contact Details
- Information for California residents
I. What is personal data?
The term “personal data” refers to any information about an identified physical person or a physical person that may be directly or indirectly identified.
II. What personal data do we collect and when do we collect it?
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our products and services, including through our websites, media channels, online and mobile applications, advertisements, and in selected stores.
- The following provides examples of the type of personal data that we collect from you and how we use that information.
- We also use the following technologies to automatically collect personal data when you browse our websites, use our mobile applications, interact without our content, advertisements, and related features.
- In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
III. For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use data in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our stores.
- To streamline the checkout process, to provide products and services, and to process returns.
- To secure online transactions, prevent fraud and payment incidents, and manage debt collection (see our terms and conditions for more details).
- To manage and optimize customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers.
- To propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services.
- To conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- To manage our relationships as well as for internal administrative purposes.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your personal data, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase we collect your personal data to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your personal data as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your personal data is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our legal or regulatory obligations, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
IV. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
- Affiliates.We share personal data with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control) including across our different brands and other entities in the LVMH Moët Hennessy-Louis Vuitton Group, with some of these entities acting as data processors.
- Business Transaction.If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will share personal data with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent.We may share personal data with third parties in response to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other requests from legal or regulatory authorities; in connection with any legal process; or to comply with relevant legal, regulatory or treaty obligations. We may also share your personal data in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies. In addition, we may share your personal data to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public Forums.Some of our websites provide the opportunity to post comments or reviews in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
- Service Providers.We share your personal data with service providers. Among other things, service providers help us to administer and maintain our websites, send communications, provide technology solutions at counters in our stores, conduct surveys, assist with customer service, provide technical support, process payments, provide anti-fraud services, manage regulatory alerts or notifications, provide marketing solutions, assist in order fulfillment, and organize events.
V. International transfers of personal data
As a multi-national company we transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result your personal data may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal data using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal data to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States.
All data transfers are subject to appropriate safeguards to ensure compliance with applicable regulations relating to the protection of personal data. For example, all transfers of personal data to our affiliates outside of the EEA are based on the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
VI. How do we protect your personal data?
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal data we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
VII. What are your choices and how can you exercise them?
You may have the following choices regarding your personal data:
- Access to Your Personal DataYou may request access to your personal data, including a copy of your personal data, by following the instructions described in the Contact Details section below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal data that we have about you.
- Changes to Your Personal Data.We rely on you to update and correct your personal data. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain personal data, you may contact us at the address described in the Contact Details section below.
- Objection to Certain Processing.You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal data by contacting us at the address described in the Contact Details section below.
- Revocation of Consent.If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal data then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described in the Contact Details section below.
- Online Tracking.We do not currently recognize or respond to automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- Promotional Emails.If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive details of our offers, news and events, you can unsubscribe using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each mail we send you. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Text Messages.If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
Please note that to protect your personal data we must be able to verify your identity before we can process your request to exercise any of the choices described in this section. We may conduct the verification process by email or phone, and we will ask you to provide information such as your name, contact information, and any additional relevant information based on your relationship. We will then match this to the information we maintain in our records.
In some circumstances, certain individuals may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to access or delete personal data. We will require verification that the authorized agent has permission to make such a request.
VIII. Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
We use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixels, internet tags, and browser/web logs to gather information when you visit or interact with our websites, mobile apps, and email communications. We use this information for a variety of purposes, such as to make our websites work properly, to make a user’s experience more efficient, to understand how visitors interact with our websites, and to for advertising purposes.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites you visit. Cookies are either “persistent cookies” or “session cookies.” Persistent cookies allow websites to remember your information and settings when you return to the website or interact with our services repeatedly. Persistent cookies stay on your browser until you delete them or they expire. Session cookies only last for as long as your session and are erased when you close your browser.
The following information explains the cookies we use and why:
- Necessary and Functional.Some technology is needed for the operation of our website. This includes cookies that enable basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Because our website cannot function properly without this technology, it is always active. Note that while you can set your browser to block this type of technology, doing so may cause some parts of our websites to not work.
- Analytics.Analytics technologies are primarily used to improve our products, services, and user experiences, including the operation and layout of our website. Analytics may be conducted by us or one of our service providers. Some tracking is used to collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit, how often you visit, and where you are visiting from. If you do not allow us to use analytics cookies and technologies, we will not be able to easily monitor our performance to improve our services.
- Advertising.Advertising tracking technology, such as behavioral advertising cookies, may be set by us, or by third parties. The technology is used to deliver advertisements that may be relevant to you, to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, or to understand your behavior after you view an advertisement.
You can set your browser to refuse some or all cookies, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent to your computer. However, this may prevent our websites or services from working properly. You can also set your browser to delete cookies every time you finish browsing. For more information about how to manage browser cookies, please follow the instructions provided by your browser.
IX. Contact Details
You can exercise any of the rights described above in the
“What are your choices and how can you exercise them?”section above directly with Kendo by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing a non-registered letter with a document proving your identity to the below address:
Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Legal Department, Privacy
425 Market Street, 19th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
1 844 500 5832
If you are submitting a request on behalf of another person, you must provide proof that you have been authorized by the individual to act on his or her behalf. In certain circumstances, we may ask the individual to verify his or her own identity directly with us. Please note, we may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Kendo, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
X. Additional Information for California Residents
California law indicates that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of personal data are collected, “sold,” or disclosed for an organization’s “business purpose” (as those terms are defined under California law). You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect and share about online visitors and customers and how we share that information here . If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal data (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, please contact us using the information in the Contact Details section above. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this policy.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices: